Saturday, December 22, 2007

My first weekend in Tbilisi

November 24, 2007

I spent my first weekend in Tbilisi which happened to be Thanksgiving weekend and had a great time. I stayed at an apartment that was well heated and had running hot water! We even had turkey leftovers Friday evening for dinner since I wasn’t there for the actually day! Throughout the course of the weekend I went to several cafes and restaurants. I had a fabulous piece of lasagna at an Italian restaurant along with a nice glass of red wine. I tried to get a little shopping done but didn’t find anything that I needed like warm sweaters. One would think that you could find thick wool sweaters but I could only find light trendy sweaters and I don’t really care about being trendy at this point I just want to be nice and warm! Hopefully the package with my sweaters will get here soon. What I was thinking when I was packing I am not sure but anyways I am just layering everything and that works pretty well.

No comments: