Saturday, December 22, 2007

My Birthday Supra


December 4, 2007

December 4th was the day of my big birthday supra. We didn’t have it on the 3rd because my host mother’s birthday was on the 4th so we just had one birthday supra. It was no easy operation getting ready for this supra. It’s not like in the states when you just start shopping a few days in advance and getting all the food and supplies. Here you actually have to make all of the dishes and it takes hours to make everything. Peeling, boiling and slicing vegetables and meats. The process of making a cake is something else too! Dinner lasted for a good 4 ½ hours or so. You might find holiday meals challenging but supras are a whole different ball game as you have tons of food, drinks and different hot dishes are brought out throughout the course of the celebration. It is very important to pace yourself during a supra. I had a nice time but I did miss having my quiet dinner with my family. When you are used to your small family gathers being apart of a big family is night and day different! So I’m now officially another year older……

No comments: