Monday, October 15, 2007

The President


October 10, 2007

So I have seen the President of Georgia up close and personal. That was pretty cool. And I have seen the First Lady all in the same week at different events. I haven’t even been that close to the any of the Presidents of the United States.

Last Thursday, October 4, the President of Georgia, came to Sighnaghi for the “grand opening” of all the rehabilitation of this city. All the work has come a long way since I first arrived; however, there is still a lot to be done. I am just excited that I discovered a little cafĂ© that I can go to every now and then and get a bite to eat. And in the next couple of weeks or so Sighnaghi is getting a “western” mini mart!

Last weekend I went to Kutasi for the Breast Cancer Walk, same one we have in the states. I even participated in the “5k” by running. The First Lady did the kick of the race. The whole weekend was a great time as got to help support a great cause and I got to spend time with many of my friends. I even got to eat a chicken Caesar salad with dark green lettuce! The traditional salad in Georgia is just tomato, onion and cucumber, so needless to say have lettuce was a big treat for me.

Kargad

No comments: