Monday, October 22, 2007



October 20, 2007

I took a little trip to Rustavi today. I attended a meeting first thing and then afterwards my friends and I went to a pizza place and did a little shopping in the second hand shops. I found a few good bargains, things to keep me warm since I didn’t pack a few things that I should have packed! Once we made it home we started making dinner. We made fajitas with homemade flour tortillas and salsa, salad with romaine lettuce and spinach accompanied with a bottle of red wine. I must say it was a fabulous meal and fun to make! I really do miss cooking. Not that I cooked all that often before I left. But still it would be nice to cook again. The only thing I manage to cook now living with my host family is my breakfast in the morning which consists of oatmeal or eggs! And you can’t really call that cooking either. So maybe I’ll get up the nerve to try and cook my own dinner sometime otherwise I am just going to have to wait until I visit friends around the country that have their own place!

2 comments:

Jennifer and Anthony said...

Yeah - pictures and comments are back! Sweet! Great to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Heather,
Hello, just read part of your blog, it looks like your having fun. Miss your presence at vollyball. Keep posting we are all interested in your adventures. Have you seen the General Lee yet? Or maybe Beau or Luke? They live in Georgia you know.