Saturday, March 22, 2008

Turkish Bathhouse

February 23, 2008

A few of fellow PCVs ventured to the Turkish bathhouse! Oh what a treat that was. By the time you divide the cost by 5 people it really isn’t all that expensive to get your skin scrubbed raw. I know you are thinking this sounds very painful but actually it is very relaxing in the long run. I don’t think I have ever been so clean in all my life. There is a hot spring tub (more like luke warm) that you soak in for a bit to loosen up the dirt that just might be caked on those of us that don’t get to shower for extended periods of time. (Baby wipes only do so much) Then you get scrubbed down from head to toe. Then you can sit in a sauna. And for those that feel the need they can take a little dip in an ice cold tub of spring water. I didn’t feel the need since I can get ice cold water to bathe with at my house for free! It might be a little uncomfortable but once you are done you glow! I was so completely relaxed by the time it was said and done. It is well worth the time and lari (Georgian money) to do this every so often.

No comments: