Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Home sweet home!

I decided that it was time to go back to Missouri. I am no longer living in Sighnaghi. It was a very hard decision to make but I know it was the right one. I really did enjoy my time over there and getting to live in a manor that I never would have, had I not been a PCV. It was a wonderful opportunity and I don't regret anything. (I didn't come home because I was homesick either.....I felt that I had done everything that I needed to do as a volunteer)

I must say that I am very happy to be back home. It has been an adjustment. I am still amazed that you can flush the toilet without adding water and it is OK to flush the paper. Nobody looks at me funny when I take a shower 2 days in a row, they look at me funny when I haven't showered in a day or so. The electricity never goes out so I don't have to plan when I am going to charge my computer or my cell phone. It really is the little things in life that we take for granite.

I have been spending my time catching up with family and friends. This past weekend I went to Utah for my grandma's 80th birthday. I'm glad I had the opportunity to attend her birthday party. I spent lots of time telling grandma stories of my adventure and how things were in Georgia.

This week I am in Texas visiting my cousin and relaxing. Friday we have a trip to the spa planned for a little pampering!

Some time in June I think I'll really start looking for job. I have looked at a few things since I have been home. We'll see my goal is to have some sort of job by the end of the summer.

2 comments:

Jennifer and Anthony said...

I am glad to hear that you are home safe and sound! I hope everything is going well for you.
Love always,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Heather. Come by City Hall to say hi sometime.